Today's topic is 10 Stores (actual brick-and-mortar stores) I like. Rather challenging since I'm a cyber-shopping fool, and think actually setting foot in a store is akin to torture, but here goes!
1. Dale Hardware This is our local Ace Hardware store, and it seems that if they don't have it, I don't need it. They have a wonderful nursery and garden section, several paint brands, and I can spend hours wandering the aisles. Ken brought me here on our 2nd date!
2. Corrie Glass A local business, which is closing at the end of the year (more or less) when the owners retire after 40 years. They have beautiful lamp-work glass beads, blown and spun glass items and truly unique and lovely necklaces and earrings.
3. Imagiknit is a yarn store in the Mission District of San Francisco. Wonderful yarn and lots of interesting colors, textures and fibers; nice people, and it's close enough to my office for an extended lunch hour visit.
4. Britex Fabrics is 4 floors of floor to ceiling fabrics, buttons and sewing notions. Fabrics that cost multiple hundreds of $$$ per yard, fabulous buttons that make the outfit, and knowledgeable sales staff make this store an overwhelming delight to visit.
5. Nine Rubies is a lovely yarn and knitting store nearby in San Mateo.
6. Sprouts is a farmer's market and natural foods grocery store, with lots of beautiful organic produce and fresh herbs.
7. Alexander Books in San Francisco, because what's not to like about a local independent book store that's close to the office?
8. Fog City News is street level in my building, and has newpapers, magazines and chocolate from all over the world. They also carry a world-class selection of cards, both naughty and nice.
9. Cost Plus World Market and Pier One - both have wonderful and interesting items for the home, and are great places to browse for special gifts.
10. Regan's Nursery has the best selection of roses I've ever seen. Hundreds of varieties, fabulous colors, fruit trees, perennials, vegetables - they have it all, and the staff knows about gardening. I love to wander their grounds just for relaxation.